Family Photography Tips!
- Come with the right expectations – kids don’t always want to do what you tell them! But are usually cute regardless. At certain ages we have to let a little control go and get photos of whatever they feel like doing. Whether that’s a cute pic of them obsessing over whatever’s on the ground, or making funny faces, or running from you. It’s all cute if Mommy and Daddy are laughing in the background.
- For in home sessions – clean up! More than you think! Clutter/wrinkly sheets and blankets are a big no-no.
- Plan outfits in advance and keep in mind that the whole family’s outfits need to “go together”. Google search family picture outfit ideas – you’ll get tons of inspo! In my opinion, neutral bright colors photograph best.
- Bring a few favorite toys and snacks to keep everyone happy, entertained, and fed.
- Be okay with taking breaks! It goes a long way to keeping kiddos in a good mood. No need to rush.
- Smile A LOT :)
Location: Private Home in Seattle, WA
Client: Sam, Derek, & Eva